- Initial Intake : $160
- 50-minute session: $160
Methods of Payment:
- All major credit/debit cards
I currently do not accept insurance. However, I can provide a receipt for treatment so that you may file an out-of-network claim to your insurance company for my services. This will allow you, depending on your insurance company, to be reimbursed for some amount of your appointment.
Some reasons I do not work as an in-network provider with insurance companies:
- Required diagnosis of a mental illness.
- Insurance companies require providers to diagnose clients with a mental health disorder in order to cover the client’s appointment. This is problematic as not all individuals suffer from a “diagnosable condition”, but still very much need and would benefit from therapy to improve their overall quality of life.
- Treatment must be of “medical necessity.”
- Insurance companies will only pay for services they agree must occur, and they will stop paying as soon as possible. They may also have limitations on session length and frequency while clients are in therapy.
- Your treatment will become a pre-existing condition on your record.
- It is often the case that any documented mental health treatment that is filed through your insurance will go on your permanent medical record. This can have an impact on your future ability to secure health insurance coverage.
- Loss of confidentiality.
- Insurance companies require a diagnosis as well as type of treatment you are receiving and whether or not you have improved. Insurance companies can also audit your mental health records at any point. This means they have full access to any details your therapist has, “including information the therapist intentionally did not include in the claim submitted to the insurance company.”
- Longer wait times for appointments.
[Some of this information was taken from this article: http://tampatherapy.com/2017/01/25/reasons-not-use-insurance-mental-health-treatment/ written by Elyssa Barbash]